Wednesday 23 March 2011

Pass me the Ginger Beer, that vampire just died (Wrock weekend Pt2)

So... after Hercules we fell asleep. And then we awoke! Always a happy ending to a good night's sleep in my book.

*Spoiler Alert* Don't bother reading any further if you don't know how Series 3 of Being Human ends. I'm telling you now as I don't want you to get into the blog and then accidentally get spoiled because my writing is so compelling. So stop reading now. OK, good.

(Edit - just realised that if you'd read the title of the blog and my spoiler alert and if you had a brain you'd have probably figured the rest out. Well, I'm sorry but I'm not changing the title. I like it. It's your own fault for not having watched it yet. There is no excuse. If you can be online reading this you could be online watching it on BBC iPlayer. Let that be a lesson to you.)

Right then - for the rest of you:

We loafed around a bit (a lot) drinking tea and chatting until it was time to get ready and go to town and say good bye to Amy. It was sad. It's not nice having to say goodbye to people. Especially when they live relatively far away. Although theoretically it takes me the same amount of time to get to Ireland and it does to get back to my mum's and I visit her. Sometimes. Point being, I should go there more. To Ireland. Not mum's. Though I should probably make more effort with that too.

After we said farewell to Amy we mooched about Reading for a bit and ate some Krispy Kreme and then got the bus back to Kylie's. Except instead of just going back we went on an adventure in the woods!

It was just like being in an Enid Blyton novel. I even had a can of Ginger Beer. So we stalked through the trees, alongside the river, chatting away about otters and kingfishers and minks (minks? is that the plural for mink? Isn't it just 'mink'? I'm going to Google, brb .. it is minks. Weird. Talking of which, here is a picture I found on the Wikipedia page of a lady wearing a mink stole.
I don't think she is a queen, but I do kinda think she's a bitch for wearing fur. Maybe she didn't know it was real? I hope not. Wow, this has been a really long aside. I'll get back to story now. Sorry).

So we were wandering and keeping an eye out for herons. This is, in truth, why we ended up by the lakes. I quite fancied seeing a heron and dragged Lizzy and K-Rob along for the ride. Funnily enough, this is how a lot of our adventures happen, I'll quite fancy the idea of something but will assemble an army of accomplices to join me.

We walked all the way down by a river and then along White Swan lake, which was gorgeous.
Me staring across the lake. How wistful. Really wish I'd brushed my hair.


We walked all the way around it, seeing many ducks and coots and moorhens and talking about Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and other stuff. And then we saw a heron on the other side of the lake! At least, K-Rob and Lizzy did. I didn't have my glasses with me but I did see a white blob. Heron. Fact.

And we saw some swans.

"Awwww... look at the swans."
"Are they swimming towards us?"
"Yes, but they won't come right up."
"They're coming right up."
"They won't get too close."
"They're getting closer."
"RUUUUUUUNNNNNNN"

We legged it back into the reeds. First rule of swans: They are descended from dinosaurs. ("You can really see the velociraptors in their eyes" "Yeah, and in birds of prey's eyes" "Yeah! Not so much in robin's eyes though").

And then we decided to go home and order some pizza. And then we got lost. And then night started to fall.

But it was ok! We are intrepid go-getter girly types! And we had some water and a Charleston Chew on us. And we could learn to forage and find food from the land. Or use our phones to Google Map the way out.

Eventually, we found our way out (oh, the advantages of getting lost with Hufflepuffs) and then we got back to K-Rob's and ordered pizza. And then K-Rob had to go but Lizzy and I stayed anyway and hung out with Matt.

No, Stan, we did not ask the Knightbus to drop us in Wales
And watched the series finale of Being Human.
You were the love of my long life *sob*

K-Rob swears she heard us scream at the end. We did scream. And cry. And clutched at each other. I mean, we kinda knew it was going to happen but there was that split-second where we thought it would be OK. It was not OK.


The King is dead. Basically because Stan Shunpike was going to use him as a hired killer otherwise. Nice to see Lee Ingleby on the tellybox again. And when he plays a psychotic megalomaniac he's kinda cute. Aidan Turner, Russell Tovey, Lenora Crichlow and Sinead Keenan were all amazing. Hats off to them. Excited for Series 4.


And then the following day I met K-Rob for a nice burrito lunch and a sit down by the river and a discussion about Hercules and Disney Princesses and what would happen if Meg met The Beast and and then I went home. Via Forbidden Planet which I found all on my own. Yeah, how about that then.

It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment